Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 reliability - better info

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Grrrr8.net as one of the options on the drop down box for web sites when I fill in my monthly info.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll gladly add this forum--I just like to have a request from someone officially connected to the forum first. Will PM you.

Updated stats next week.
    TrueDelta.com
    Car reliability, real-world gas mileage, and price comparison information

Post Thanks / Like

We've updated the results for the Pontiac G8 to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. With a reported repair rate of 84 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the same as before, the G8 remains worse than average.

As noted earlier, the suspension has been a common problem area.

We'll have further updates in August and November. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Pontiac G8 reliability comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has been Grrrrrrr8. I got almost 14,000 miles on her and no squeaks raddles noting wrong with the suspension super car. My 2004 Colorado never had a squeak or anything and it is still running with 382,000 miles on it and looks almost brand new.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

382,000 miles? Some people seem to get endless miles out of a vehicle.

We'll have updated stats next month.

For anyone not yet participating, details are here:

Car reliability research
    TrueDelta.com

Post Thanks / Like

We've updated the results for the Pontiac G8 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

With a reported repair rate of 75 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the G8 has improved a little to "about average," but not far from "worse than average."

We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Pontiac G8 reliability comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need to look at the availability of repair parts issue. My biggest complaints are the suspension (FRONT) and driveshaft.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Do Camaro suspension parts work?

Updated reliability stats next month.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research
    TrueDelta.com

Post Thanks / Like

We've updated the results for the Pontiac G8 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall.

With a reported repair rate of 71 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the G8 is again "about average."

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the G8, the percentage with no repairs is about 51, while the percentage with 3+ repair trips is about 4.

Pontiac G8 Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Pontiac G8 reliability ratings and comparisons
    TrueDelta.com

Post Thanks / Like

Michael is a great guy, his methodology is much better than JD Power or Consumer Reports; he also has a pretty good system for determining "true value" of a car when considering models. His "true value" system is clinical, it doesn't take in the X factor of fun to drive, etc. etc. but it does go into the raw math of what is the better value. Your participation in this, even if you have had nothing but problems or had no problems at all is very important.

Michael, had no idea you were on here. Welcome!
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected