Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPR Billet Oil Catch Can

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered mine from UPR as well, should be here this Wed(11-18). It's nice to be able to find a different option and not hafta wait. Ordered Thursday night(11-12) and shipped Friday....

Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?

Daniel
    My Beaters:

09 White-Hot G8 GT(FOR SALE)
    2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys know if this will mount in that location if you have the RotoFab Intake? I need to get a can also, but not sure on the location.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic - 12.243@115.81 (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - March. 10, 2015)

[B][COLOR="#000000"]

2015 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic: E85 conversion, Texas Speed LT Headers, Borla Muffler, Airraid MIT, Tuned & Converted by CJTunes.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The site says it has an oil separator inside. Can you tell us anything more? The site doesn't elaborate. It doesn't look to me like it has anything. I assume it does not have a particulate filter (the best option). Does it have metal mesh/steel wool? A metal screen? Or is the oil separator claim on the site a lie?

Post Thanks / Like

It is same has Billett Protptypes can, go to thier site for better pics. They have metal mesh.
    Last edited by svtcobra; 11-18-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    08 MGM G8 GT with sports package
    402ci, Procharger D-SC1 w/helical gears, Ed Curtis custom cam, Coolingmist VC2 Pro Methanol kit, 1 7/8 ARH, Ported throttle body, Ported intake, 2800 stall, Corsa mufflers,
    Pedders bushings and sway bars, BMR trailing arms and sub frame connectors, BC Racing coil overs, Forgestar Rims (255-front & 305-rear), worked on by Powertech Performance and C Henry Motorsports[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

The seperator is in the top part of the can and it looks like some kind of metal wadding. The oil seperator is not a lie. Mine has already seperated a good bit of oil.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT :: MGM :: Premium/Sport :: Onyx/Red Leather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
    Do you guys know if this will mount in that location if you have the RotoFab Intake? I need to get a can also, but not sure on the location.
    Yessir, it mounts on the stud where the factory airbox bolted down to....Exactly like the BP can.... I'll post some pics of it apart when I receive it tomorrow....

Daniel
    My Beaters:

2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Call-Me-D View Post
    Yessir, it mounts on the stud where the factory airbox bolted down to....Exactly like the BP can.... I'll post some pics of it apart when I receive it tomorrow....
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I am gonna order one now also.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic - 12.243@115.81 (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - March. 10, 2015)

[B][COLOR="#000000"]

2015 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic: E85 conversion, Texas Speed LT Headers, Borla Muffler, Airraid MIT, Tuned & Converted by CJTunes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered mine yesterday, i'm gonna mount it on the right side cuz i'm non DOD. Thought about Norris but i like the flat top look.
    Kim.
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.

Post Thanks / Like

Received my UPR can today, and can tell y'all that it is a nice piece. I would recommend it to you guys. Attached are some pics of it. It does have steel mesh in the top portion to separate the trash from the oil. I'm at work right now, but I'm gonna install after work. i'm sure it'll be an easy install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daniel
    My Beaters:

2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Call-Me-D View Post
    Received my UPR can today, and can tell y'all that it is a nice piece. I would recommend it to you guys. Attached are some pics of it. It does have steel mesh in the top portion to separate the trash from the oil. I'm at work right now, but I'm gonna install after work. i'm sure it'll be an easy install.
    Nice, are those o ring or pipe thread fittings? Just curious, i'm gonna use braided line on mine, it should be here in a couple of days.
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.