Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 09-03-08-008: Knock Clunk Or Click Noise From Front Suspension Over Small Bumps (Rep

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wickedmom I gave them the bulletin# and a print out... they are blaming it on my tires this is the second go round. This time I told them I will buy a full set of tires from them even though these are brand new and I had the fronts replaced once already... BUT if I buy it from them and they mount and balance and it doesn't fix the issue they will refund my money and swap my tires back. AND fix the issue in the bulletin... Service manager hasn't gotten back to me. I can't imagine why LOL

I don't like to play games with dealers its stupid we pay a LOT for our cars and its not too much to ask that they drive like they are supposed to this isn't a kia spectra...
    Livernois Stage 1 cam, valve job, milled heads, ported intake, kooks mid length 1 7/8 headers, corsa cat back, rotofab CAI, Pedders XA Street Kit, BMR trailing arms.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Vertini Riviera 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Bridgestone Pole Position 245/40/19 Fr and 275/35/19 Rr

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose that this is covered under the warranty how much would it be if you were to pay for it? Then later if a recall comes out demand a refund!!!
    Gone...Goodbye..It been fun and expensive!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was told today by GM that the new CA bulletin is 09-203B

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Google didnt bring up anything under that number. Interesting. I wonder if WickedMom has anything to add.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Custom 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe and Thrush turbo mufflers
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs
    334whp/358lb.ft - 13.05@107 1.98 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Got the letter. Took it in yesterday for the "boot" replacement. It turns out that my drivers side rear LCA ball joint is toast. They wouldn't let me drive it home. Don't know when the parts will be in. I hope to hear back from him today.

So now when I look out in the parking lot I see a shiny new Chevy Cobalt where my '09 PBM G8 used to sit. God what a POS.

-Dennis-
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f.../kidhauler.jpg
    2009 G8 V6 PBM Premium+Comfort&Sound
    mods: mid-muffler and resonator delete, Magnaflow x-pipe, Rotofab CAI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7NPiNbIfY
    2000 Maxima Custom M/F Catback, K&N - RIP
    1972 Lemans 350, 4B - RIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    I was told today by GM that the new CA bulletin is 09-203B
    This is just an update to the original bulletin about the ball joint boots in cold weather... they changed the tool requirement.

#09203B: Customer Satisfaction - Front Suspension Clicking/Knocking - (Oct 9, 2009)
    Subject: 09203B -- Front Suspension Clicking/Knocking

Models: 2008-2009 Pontiac G8

The tool section in this bulletin has been revised. If the E7115 angle wrench is not available, special tool J 45059 may be used. Please discard all copies of bulletin 09203A, issued September 2009.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

So if they changed the tool requirement for the customer satisfaction campaign, that doesn't affect your TSB right? Because the campaign says to add boots to seal up the lubricant inside the ball joint. But the TSB is saying to replace all 4 control arms. I'm guessing the control arms in the TSB won't need the boot sealing kit?
    2008 PBM G8 GT Premium Sport with Holden Commodore front end conversion, GXP Diffuser and CTS-V1 Front Brembos.
    Coming Soon: VE Spoiler and eventually, go fast mods.

Post Thanks / Like

Notice: Before replacing any components under the terms of this bulletin, you must confirm the past service history of the vehicle. Please use GMVIS to confirm if the vehicle was previously repaired under Customer Satisfaction Campaign #09203A. If the vehicle was repaired under this service action, ONLY replace the front control arm found to be the source of the noise and claim the applicable Labor Operation for that part as outlined in SI and the labor time guide.

Vehicles not identified in Customer Satisfaction Campaign #09203A (or not repaired during its duration) and found to have one or more of the rubber boots improperly sealing should have all four front control arms replaced.

I told people to wait for this bulletin and not rush in looking for the boots...
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

With this bulletin does anyone's steering wheel shake under braking?
    Gone...Goodbye..It been fun and expensive!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zosoboogie View Post
    With this bulletin does anyone's steering wheel shake under braking?
    When the lowers get bad you can jack the car up and turn the front wheel (with it locked) back and forth a considerable amount. This could cause what you're feeling. However I never felt that. It would shimmy like a banshee if I hit a bump in a sweeper though.

It's as tight as a drum now.
    Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!