Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 09-03-08-008: Knock Clunk Or Click Noise From Front Suspension Over Small Bumps (Rep

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not the procedure I need, it's the parts!
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

If it helps any, my own service manager is giving me crap about doing this on my own car.

I am seriously thinking about taking it to the competing dealership in the next town, because if they will take care of GPDan's car, they will take care of mine.... This is seriously sad. Once I figure out how to get this approve by my service manager then it should fly by any... god he is being a prick.... told me "that you are worse than a corvette owner". I almost quit my job that exact moment!
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    .... "that you are worse than a corvette owner".
    I would take that as a compliment. It means you care about your car!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

he don't like you.

and neither do I.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    If it helps any, my own service manager is giving me crap about doing this on my own car.

I am seriously thinking about taking it to the competing dealership in the next town, because if they will take care of GPDan's car, they will take care of mine.... This is seriously sad. Once I figure out how to get this approve by my service manager then it should fly by any... god he is being a prick.... told me "that you are worse than a corvette owner". I almost quit my job that exact moment!
    Please say it isn't true. What difference what car you bought, it is covered by the warranty. Obviously, he got away with that remark because you work there. Would love to be a fly on the wall, when and if he tells someone else that crap.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm..

I had this done on my G8 almost 2 months ago because my suspension was making creaking/popping/clunking noises..

They replaced both driver/passenger LCA's and strut mounts from what I recall...

Since this is obviously now a known, widespread issue... how long can I expect my LCAs/balljoints to last until I have to do this again?!?
    '08 IOM G8 GT - sport, premium, 'roof

Bone stock: 13.453@107.93 on a 2.03 60'

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told my car is not within the vin range although it is... but that b/c I didn't receive a notification by mail yet that I don't qualify to have the work done.
    Livernois Stage 1 cam, valve job, milled heads, ported intake, kooks mid length 1 7/8 headers, corsa cat back, rotofab CAI, Pedders XA Street Kit, BMR trailing arms.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Vertini Riviera 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Bridgestone Pole Position 245/40/19 Fr and 275/35/19 Rr

Post Thanks / Like

Copied over from other forum.

10/12/09 I took my car in today and only after I get they do they tell me that even though my car falls within the correct VIN number that my car is not eligible since I haven't been sent a letter. She said that they might send one later and I would have to do it then because they can't do any prementive work. I then told the woman that is was making the clicking noise that is related to this problem and she said "Well I can take it for that". So I left the car with them 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything. I'm hoping she understood where I was getting at and is on the same page. I'll update later

10/12/09 UPDATE: They looked at it for the clicking noise and found that they the control arms are all shot and are going to replace them. The only problem is they didn't have the parts in stock, even though they told me they did. It is going to be at least a week for them and my car is too dangerous too drive, so I got a rental from Enterprise for awhile. Base model Chevy Impala, whoopie.....I might call and see if they can do better though.

10/14/09 UPDATE: Good news. I'm back driving my car. They did some major work and somehow managed to get the parts in this morning (don't know how they managed that). Something about robbing Peter to pay Paul, and I was Paul. They got a guy on it and I got my car back this evening. They put in 4 new control arms. I even got some inside info on the dealership that they will no longer be a Pontiac, but a Buick so they will have those as rentals and won't have to go over to the enterprise. I also got a free detailing on the car in the future which was a nice gesture for my trouble.

When I was looking over the car she kept telling me you won't find anything since we know how you g8 owners are. She said only certain types of people bought a g8 and we take extra care with them since we know that you guys are car people and it's not just your transportation. Made my day to hear that and yep, not a scratch on her. On the way home I noticed a difference. Everything in the car felt much better.

Only problem was when I got into the car and went to leave the dealership I pushed the pedal down a little to far since I was used to the rental and squealed outta there. Left me looking like this

FYI, mine only has 3500 miles on it so mileage doesn't matter. Get it in if you can and have it done.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danf1000 View Post
    he don't like you.

and neither do I.
    who the hell are you and why do I care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Please say it isn't true. What difference what car you bought, it is covered by the warranty. Obviously, he got away with that remark because you work there. Would love to be a fly on the wall, when and if he tells someone else that crap.
    Yup, it is true. Because I can't afford to lose my job I will just take it to another place and hope they don't find out right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmunky View Post
    Ummm..

I had this done on my G8 almost 2 months ago because my suspension was making creaking/popping/clunking noises..

They replaced both driver/passenger LCA's and strut mounts from what I recall...

Since this is obviously now a known, widespread issue... how long can I expect my LCAs/balljoints to last until I have to do this again?!?
    I would have it inspected because the bulletin includes more than just the LCA and the strut mounts have nothing to do with this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
    I was told my car is not within the vin range although it is... but that b/c I didn't receive a notification by mail yet that I don't qualify to have the work done.
    Give them this bulletin #, it does not require a letter and is a bit more involved than the recall is.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jzpiano View Post
    When I was looking over the car she kept telling me you won't find anything since we know how you g8 owners are. She said only certain types of people bought a g8 and we take extra care with them since we know that you guys are car people and it's not just your transportation. Made my day to hear that and yep, not a scratch on her. On the way home I noticed a difference. Everything in the car felt much better.
    This comment restores some of my confidence with GM service departments
    I still check my car over regardless, lol.
    Last edited by SRG963; 10-15-2009 at 03:41 AM.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED