Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Economy

Southeast New Jersey (LBI, Toms River, Atlantic City)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
    Why can't you do long tubes?
    I was told its illegal in NJ to do long tubes. Something about moving the position of the cat. Havent really dug into it yet, as I dont have the $$ to do exhaust yet. But it was my uncle and he knows the rules better than I do here. My list of reasons to stay in NJ is getting very short haha. I would love to do a full kooks system if allowed this state!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I replied to your pm but long tubes are doable in Jersey. As long as it has cats and no CEL you should be fine.
    John
    2009 Stryker Blue Metalic GT Bolt-on G8 Record holder: 11.828 @ 114.61 with a 1.603 60'
    1993 Pontiac Formula FIREHAWK 385ci., M6, Strange S60.
    1968 Firebird Formula Convertible *Restomod project*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EngineDweller View Post
    I was told its illegal in NJ to do long tubes. Something about moving the position of the cat. Havent really dug into it yet, as I dont have the $$ to do exhaust yet. But it was my uncle and he knows the rules better than I do here. My list of reasons to stay in NJ is getting very short haha. I would love to do a full kooks system if allowed this state!

Moving the cat location is a federal law, in addition to some states.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had headers on my last 4 cars here in Nazis jersey. All had hi-po cats and X pipe. The cats at one point had to have a card showing it was approved. Last 8 years no issue. Needed to have no codes in memory and pass exhaust test. Nj has since dropped visual inspection. You will have no problem with headers and inspection.
    Check my SIG for mods. Traveling from nj to Florida with family and full Ac on using vector 93 tune and varying fuel at half tank with 93 then 87....72-78 mph I get 23.7 on way back from Fl to nj I get 22.3.
    City 17-19.7 worse 15...
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

They dropped the visual inspection? When the hell did they do that lol. Where an NJ are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, just a port plug in to check codes and a tail pipe pollution test. Yipee! I live in cherry hill nj 8 miles east of philadelphia pa.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok...I live down in Forked River, work on LBI. I got the car inspected right after purchase, but didn't really pay attention to if they used the camera. I've seen quite a few G8s popping up around here lately. There was only 3 in town including mine, I think the count is at 6 now...but most of them don't want to chat lol

Post Thanks / Like

...base model v6 owners don't seem to want to chat when seen on the road....

Post Thanks / Like

Lol well, the only guy that I have talked and met up with is a V6 guy, this gentleman I saw was in a black GT and I tried to talk to him about his car and he wanted nothing to do with it...it is tourist time...but he had NJ tags. Who knows. Maybe cuz I'm younger (I'm 26) he thought I was a douche lol