Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bulb List for LED Swaps

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I never thought of calling it a vanity...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone found good 1157 Bulbs for front turn signal / running lights?
    I found a nice pair of 1156 "Error Free" ones with built in load resisters. Ones I got that are "Error Free" built in resister 1157 works weird. With Lights off, the blinker works fine no hyper flash. If lights are on (IE just orange running light) it works fine, but when I do blinker I will then get hyperflash. I have tried one other brand to with the same results. Links would help if you have them. Thanks!
    2015 Chevy SS, Sunroof, M6, No Spare, Perfect Blue Metallic
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Electronics: A119S DashCam with Hide-a-fuse
    Go Stuff: Custom DiabLew 93 Octane Tune,
    Stop: Hawk Ceramic Pads
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:
    2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT, Premium Package
    2005 Cyclone Gray Metallic GTO, M6
    2006 Stealth Gray Metallic G6 GTP
    2003 Sans Gold Metallic Sunfire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    I bought my back-ups from V-LEDS, where else do you guys get the led bulb from or is that the best bet?
    Hey very nice useful list thanks for sharing it.
    Last edited by Michaelnelson; 01-27-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
    So, first off, Thanks for the list! Second, for idea's sake, what did you all use as your replacements? Such as the actual product... I checked superbright and vleds and see sooooo many different options that it makes me feel like its not as easy as I hoped. I am absolutely not an electrician or super experienced at changing the lights in a car, but, some of these bases I see on these bulbs look unfamiliar in total.

Thanks in advance!
    I was informed of this website and they give you how to videos on installation of resistors. They also break it down to which bulbs we need; although not every bulb is available through this website, we can purchase the bulbs we need through other websites.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i...ontiac/g8.html

Yes, Im aware his post was from 2010.

2014 Mustang GT- 6M/Recaros/trackpack
    Little of this, Little of that...

2009 MGM G8 GT
    SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Getting closer to having this done.

Done: backup (like a lot), brake/parking (pretty nice), fender (pretty nice) interior (did red like a lot!, but see below), license plates (like a lot)

To do:
    bumper light - got neondials, waiting on white bulb
    Turn signals f/r - waiting on resistors
    Fogs - waiting on led's
    Trunk and glove - waiting on led's

Issue with front dome light: had webatso sunroof installed when first got the car. See pics below. Now I can't get that overhead console piece down.

Any suggestions?

LR 09 GT Sport/Premium Onyx/Red

In: Sunroof, V1/blendmount, Weathertech, Holden console lid, autodim, VIM, Nuvi 765t, Red Shifter & Wheel, Polk ,Kicker, backup cam, BT, Homelink

Out: HSV GTS 20", Rebadged, GXP Diffuser, 35w 5000k HID, Sharkfin, LED's in progress

Performance: TVS 2300, Livernois 2C, DOD Delete, BAP, Rotofab, Kooks, Corsa, HSRK, 3.27 Rear245/285 Pilot Super Sport, King/Monroe, BMR sways, SFC's, & Tunnel Brace, Spohn rear arms, Pedders bushings, '11 CTS-V Brakes, SS lines

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pry from the Webasto control module they installed. That's not part of the OEM fixture, so it's not a physical part of the build of the car, nor does it contain anything that should be holding the OEM module in place.

Instead, open the sunglasses holder in front of the control. You might need to remove the sunglasses drawer or a blanking piece behind, but there should be two screws in there that hold that entire module to the roof. Remove those, then pull down and toward the back of the car to remove the entire dome light/button/sunglasses holder plastic unit all as one.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I knew not to pry on the switch. Also not to pry the lens cover off as the installers told me to.

But oem instructions of remove the 1 screw then pull down and back are not working.

How do I remove tray/backing?

In: Sunroof, V1/blendmount, Weathertech, Holden console lid, autodim, VIM, Nuvi 765t, Red Shifter & Wheel, Polk ,Kicker, backup cam, BT, Homelink

Out: HSV GTS 20", Rebadged, GXP Diffuser, 35w 5000k HID, Sharkfin, LED's in progress

Performance: TVS 2300, Livernois 2C, DOD Delete, BAP, Rotofab, Kooks, Corsa, HSRK, 3.27 Rear245/285 Pilot Super Sport, King/Monroe, BMR sways, SFC's, & Tunnel Brace, Spohn rear arms, Pedders bushings, '11 CTS-V Brakes, SS lines

Post Thanks / Like

So the two screws u refer to are from sunroof install? Or factory?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa GT View Post
    So the two screws u refer to are from sunroof install? Or factory?
    Factory, but I have the OEM sunroof. So my module has a blanking plate with the control, though I would assume the rest of it would be the same. There should be two silver screws in the console on the leading edge facing the sunroof. After that, there are metal clips that hold it in place.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

U see the 2nd pic I posted? The chip? Is there any chance that behind that chip there are screws holding the sunroof switch hardware in place?